Friday, November 13th, 2009
note: I now have a twitter account. This is just an experiment-I’ll see how it goes. It is here, although I haven’t actually posted anything yet….
I’d love to hear your thoughts on twitter. Do you use it? how and why?
Yesterday I had some “found time”. Does that ever happen to you? Where something that is scheduled gets canceled, and you suddenly find yourself with time you weren’t planning on? I used part of this time to clean my studio, which was a complete disaster. It helped to clear my head, and in a time where I’m feeling overwhelmed with work and life and other projects, this was exactly what I needed.
My holiday collection, HANDCRAFT, will launch next Thursday, November 19th. Since I’ve been thinking so much about holiday and gifts lately, I thought I’d post a few “gift guides” of items I’d love to give (or receive) this holiday season.
Since I love all things geometric, this first one is all about geometry:
- Geometric laser cut prints by molly m designs. I love every single one of these.
- Honeycomb necklaces by smallthings. These remind me of the pinhole piece that Heather Smith Jones made me.
- Hive cuff bracelet by silvercocoon. I can’t decide between the white or grey…..
- Cubeoctahedron ring by Bandada. I’m not normally a gold person, but this gold plated sterling silver has a nice dull finish that looks burnished.
- hope SEEDS lithography print by Heather Smith Jones. Heather does such exquisite work. I’m enamored with what I call her “Buckminster Fuller” geometric work.
- Faceted Vase by etcArts.
- Where I End and You Begin print by Lisa Congdon. Such beautiful, bold colors.
- A mountain for president wall vinyl by Principals of Geometry. Also see the video here.
- Lattice pamphlet blank books by Orange Beautiful. Great stocking stuffers.
- Oversized Optical Sweater by Micaela Greg. WANT.